Just like that…

I left the house this morning before the 5 am news came on. I stopped at the 76 station to use my kickback rewards card to get 10.92 in free gas. With my nerves in high gear I hit the highway.

It only took me 16 minutes to get to the first gate. I drove past the gate and saw that it was open. I know what time the logging crew starts in the morning, so I parked a ways away from it, turned off my truck and rolled down my window.

In literally less than five minutes, I was rewarded for my caution. A logging truck was loaded and on the way out already. I would say 5:30’ish. I ducked down trying to make my truck look empty. I know their routine so I patiently waited until the logging truck came back. I was ready for it, so when it got back I made myself disappear as it passed.

I gave him a 30 second head start, .15 miles, the distance of the longest straight away. I then proceeded to tail him without being seen. I made it to the second gate and the road was clear. Only a few miles past a bridge to go. About a half mile before the bridge I encountered a logging truck heading down.

I pulled completely off the road giving him the right of way and gave him a wave as he passed. “Busted!” Almost everything on my journey has been planned for, including this. I wasn’t going to try and hide, quite the opposite in fact.

I pulled into what I call my driveway, hid my truck and grabbed my gear. I grabbed my gloves, a bucket, a shovel and my 8×8 tamper. I then took a nice stroll down the road heading for the second gate and put my game face on. On my way down the mountain a logger slowed, probably wondering who the heck I was and gave me an odd look as he passed me heading down.

I found a good place to start working and removed my jacket. I then picked up all the liter along the road for a quarter of a mile and filled all the pot holes on the road for the loggers. The next three trucks I saw come through all slowed and told me I was their hero.

Perfect I thought… Surely the drivers won’t want to report their hero. I put about 45 minutes in before my heart was telling me that I was done for the day. I made my way back to where I hid my truck So I could sit and catch my breath. I didn’t want to start doing the work next to camp in case they get curious.

It took me a good half hour recover. I then started my truck and made my way west. As soon as I got to where I hid my truck at camp and divided up my prescriptions and took my first dose of heart medication since last Monday. I took another little break, grabbed my phone and hiked the 1/2 mile trail from my truck to camp.

Just like that, as fast as you can snap your fingers, the 8 ton anxiety elephant on my shoulders was gone. All of my detector flags are still up and nobody has touched my my camp. It was just like I left it. I also walked my driveway, the pit and camp to see if fish and game put up a trail cam to see who’s stuff it was.

With camp secure, loggers not looking for a bad guy and medication taken, I think I am going to call it a day. I am not going to risk it, after the hell I have to go through to get my medicine, I am not going to push myself until I feel better.

I lost another 6 pounds the seven days I visited populated areas. I am now about 160 pounds. I can’t describe how calm I feel out here. Their aren’t a lot of noises, ordors, bright lights or people out here. I can have whole thoughts without all the distractions and I don’t have someone hovering over me telling everything I’m doing wrong. By wrong, I mean not like a normal person.

What does all of this mean? To me it means that I might actually stay alive for another 30 days. It also means you the reader only have 29 days left for everyone to share this. The more it is shared, the better the chance I have of reaching someone that can help me.

You folks that share the #forcedtobreakthelaw post, are in their own little way helping my chances to live. Thank You!

Comments are closed.

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: