Strike #2

After being kicked out of the emergency room, I put my headphones on and started walking. I knew that even if I do get a yes from someone, I would still have to go to the pharmacy to get it filled. So it only made sense to head in that direction.

I dont think that I can physically make this trip again tomorrow. I’ll be lucky if I can move tomorrow. I made it all the way to the pharmacy without one hint of a brain fart.

I can’t call 911 because they dont send out an ambulance for someone out of medication. I was kicked out of the emergency room. My doctor’s office is closed and my mental health care provider won’t return my calls (5 messages left over 4 weeks). The icing is that my insurance can’t reach them and can’t help me for 10 days.

If I haven’t made it clear about how dangerous it is to suddenly stop taking this medication, maybe can explain it better. I didn’t think I was going to have to educate a doctor in the emergency room about this only to have it dismissed. If you dont want to click:


  • Drugs like this one have raised the chance of suicidal thoughts or actions in children and young adults. The risk may be greater in people who have had these thoughts or actions in the past. All people who take Zoloft (sertraline tablets) need to be watched closely. Call the doctor right away if signs like low mood (depression), nervousness, restlessness, grouchiness, panic attacks, or changes in mood or actions are new or worse. Call the doctor right away if any thoughts or actions of suicide occur. from

I went past the pharmacy, this time looking for a quiet place to sit with a view. I found a great place and pulled up a rock. I started to playback the tales from the day to see if I missed any clues.

Bingo! When I called my PCP, the recording was still saying something after the message said they were closed. I called back to listen to the whole message. At the end of the message it said press 8 to speak with the on call something. I hit what I thought was #8 and got a thanks for calling.

That wasn’t anyone on call. My screen was dim, so I adjusted the brittleness and tried again. This time I had the keypad up so I could see it, and ready to hit #8 when the time was right.

An answering service answered and I said I was trying to reach the person on call. She asked what it was regarding so I told the story. She said she was going to do her best to have someone call me back. I hung up and went to check the time on my phone as the battery died. Great, no I have someone going to call me back and my phone is dead.

I gathered my stuff and headed back to the library to put a charge on my phone. After only 5 minutes my phone rang. She started to explain to me about stopping suddenly. I explained that is why I started making calls a month ago.

She asked what pharmacy I go to and said to call them in an hour to make sure it is ready before I head over there. I downloaded some music, charged my batteries and started looking for plan c, d & e. I want going to sit here for an hour for the pharmacy or mother nature to screw things up.

I called the mental health emergency line with my insurance again. I explained that I followed their directions and got the boot. She said if the pharmacy didn’t work out I could go to overtake hospital where they have a mental health emergency section or something. I dont know because I guess I am still trying to figure out how al this works.

I expressed my concern about the cost my insurance would pay to: transport me to Bellevue, have an assessment, get prescription, transportation back, waiting for pharmacy to open on Sunday and then hiking back. All without eating anything, drinking fluids or a nap. She said if it’s an emergency and I didn’t get help from other avenues it is what has to be dont right. She then said my well being is worth more than money. I thanked her and checked the time.

It was 3pm, an hour and a half, the time to call pharmacy. I called the same number I gave the on call doctor and got their machine. I left a message asking if my meds were ready. I figured the ball was now in their court. I went back to my music downloading.

After a while I thought it was weird that I haven’t got a call back from the pharmacy. I checked the time and it was 4:30pm. My eyes got big as it hit me. This is the weekend and they probably close early. I quickly gathered my things and made my way from the library to the pharmacy.

I waited in line for pick-up. When it was my turn, they asked how they could help. I asked if I had anything ready. She checked the shelf, the basket and the answering machine. No dice. I told her thanks and left the store. I flipping knew it!

I found a place close to sit and start making calls again. First, I called the answering service on call thing, since they were the one calling it in. They told me that they were going to page the doctor again. I do not want to go to a bright noisy hospital, where I might have to tell my story 4-5 more times.

The pharmacy closed at 7pm and I feel like all I can do is what, hoping someone calls me back. With my hyperacusis I could hear the pharmacy people talking through the open drive thru window, 200 feet away. One of the ladies asked the pharmacist is there anything else you want me to do before I go?

The hair on the back of my neck stood at attention. Reaching for my phone, I stood up to quickly and grabbed the hand rail instead. It was 6:40pm already and no return phone calls. I started scanning the area for a place out of view with the address on the building. A place to send the ambulance without getting too much attention. I guess this is strike #2.


Comments are closed.

Create a website or blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: